Testosterone is a male sex hormone that is part of a group of steroid hormones at the center of the reproductive system. It is essential for overall health and fighting off several diseases, including heart disease. It improves your mood, prevents depression, and helps you gain muscle and lose fat. The loss of testosterone can have many implications. When a man begins to age, there is a natural decline in his testosterone levels that can cause any number of health problems including obesity, frailty, loss of bone density, and an increased risk of disease. It also lowers your libido and energy levels and leads to erectile dysfunction. If you find yourself in a decline, there are ways to increase your testosterone levels naturally. That way when you find a booty call, you'll be ready to go.
Things That Will Boost Your Testosterone Levels
- Proper diet – You should eat a diet consisting of healthy doses of vitamin D, zinc, protein, fat, and carbs. Some of the best food to eat is tuna, venison, garlic, eggs, and cabbage. There are high doses of vitamin D in eggs, herring, mackerel, sardines, salmon, and cod liver oil. Good sources of zinc are chicken, steak, turkey, crab, oysters, cashews, and lentils. Other great things to add to your diet are whey protein, pomegranate, coconut, lowfat milk with vitamin D, shellfish, beans, and beef.
- Regular exercise – You can raise your testosterone, build muscles, and burn calories to stay lean if you get the right amount of exercise. The best exercises to increase levels should be full body workouts with plenty of cardio where you work every group of muscles in the body. When you lift weights, make the weights heavier instead of concentrating on repetition with lighter weights. Push yourself, but don’t overdo it. You will know if you are working yourself too hard if you have trouble sleeping, suffer a loss in strength, or develop excessive soreness.
- Lower stress levels – Stress can cause a chain reaction that causes multiple health problems including a drop in testosterone. To help you reduce stress, you should make time for yourself to contemplate on what is troubling you. Meditation and breathing exercises for relaxation help tremendously. If you make the time to meditate and clear your mind regularly, you will notice that you will handle problems better when they arise and you will feel an overall feeling of wellness.
- Get a good night’s sleep – Another simple and natural thing that will boost your testosterone and promote overall health and well-being.
- Supplements – The right supplements could raise your levels, but you should be careful not to buy most of the supplements that are advertised as testosterone boosters. You don’t need the latest advertised testosterone booster because it probably won’t work. All you need is the proper ingredients. An effective supplement would have high levels of Vitamin D, fish oil, Zync, and Magnesium. You could also try herb supplements like ashwagandha and ginger.
Natural Testosterone Boosters
If you learn to boost your testosterone naturally, you won’t have to suffer the frustration of going through miracle cures that only cause more frustration because they don’t work. If you give your body what it needs, it will produce the necessary testosterone in a way that is safe and natural. You should do what you can to lower your body fat, consume plenty of vitamin D and healthy fats, get plenty of sleep, and exercise with heavy weights and a regular cardiovascular workout.